Total contact hours:33
Private study hours: 117
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
Main assessment methods
Coursework 50% and 50% Examination
(Assignment) Databases & PHP (25%)
2-hour unseen examination 50%
Jon Duckett HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites, John Wiley & Sons, 2011
See the library reading list for this module (Canterbury)
See the library reading list for this module (Medway)
On successfully completing the module students will be able to:
1. Understand the basic principles of web page design and be able to write a basic web page.
2. Understand the basic principles of web site design and deployment, and be able to construct a small site of interconnected pages with first and second level navigation.
3. Understand the basic concepts of data structuring relational databases.
4. Specify, design, implement and evaluate simple database solutions.
5. Plan and perform basic data manipulation and information retrieval operations using SQL.
6. Have acquired the skills to be able to implement an application that uses a database and has a simple (web) user interface.
Back to top
Credit level 4. Certificate level module usually taken in the first stage of an undergraduate degree.
- ECTS credits are recognised throughout the EU and allow you to transfer credit easily from one university to another.
- The named convenor is the convenor for the current academic session.
University of Kent makes every effort to ensure that module information is accurate for the relevant academic session and to provide educational services as described. However, courses, services and other matters may be subject to change. Please read our full disclaimer.