Overview• An overview of basic concepts related to eHealth and a perspective on current HIT (Health Information Technology) and innovation
• Review of current healthcare related IT systems
• The use of information technology for handling clinical data, health systems. Data representation and knowledge management. Security and privacy.
• Ethics and legal requirements of eHealth systems
• Clinical decision support systems. TeleHealth tools for remote diagnosis, monitoring, and disease management
• Delivery and monitoring platforms for both hospitals and home environment
• Innovation in eHealth systems leading to start-up companies
This module appears in:
22 hours of lectures
5 hours of supervised practical classes
3 hours of group presentation
Method of assessment
The aim of this module is to provide an opportunity for students to learn of current and emerging eHealth solutions especially the emerging information and communications technology that support good health and healthcare.
Students who successfully complete this module will be able to:
Understand eHealth and related concepts in the use of information and communications technology in healthcare.
Identify strategies for the design, implementation and evaluation of eHealth systems to a given problem.
Be able to understand the different frameworks for effective health information management and be able to evaluate how to apply a given framework for a specific purpose.
Be aware of the legal background, security and ethical issues related to eHealth systems
Be able to present and deliver innovative solutions to a range of eHealth problems and to a variety of audiences.