Volunteering is a fantastic way to gain workplace experience and valuable transferable skills. It can be done on a regular basis, or as a one off experience. Either way, the University of Kent acknowledges what you have done and you can be rewarded with Employability Points!
Volunteering is now solely recognised through the EP Scheme, therefore, to register your volunteering for points, simply log into My Folio - https://myfolio.kent.ac.uk/myfolio/
- click on ‘Tell Us What You Have Been Up To’ and fill in the boxes. Tell us what the activity was that you undertook and how long it lasted – points are allocated in five hour blocks, so it is important to tell us how many hours you completed.
Keep adding all your activities (not just volunteering) to My Folio to earn points to enable you to apply for exclusive summer time rewards. These include internships and work experience placements.
Find out more, click on the link to book
|Volunteering at Canterbury Foodbank||23-Nov||13:30||16:30|
|Volunteering in the Kent Community Oasis garden||1-Dec||12:30||14:00|
|Volunteering at Canterbury Foodbank||7-Dec||13:30||16:30|
- Use TargetConnect to search for Volunteering roles
- NHS Responder roles: https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS?fbclid=IwAR2CaGKqiYkyuk4_FNgD6h9UlE_HYx_F2P5d1s60s44g_LSvAD9x-68ZEXM
- Kent County Council: https://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure-and-community/volunteering
- Volunteer Centre: https://www.ncvo.org.uk/ncvo-volunteering/find-a-volunteer-centre?view=map
- Do it.org: https://doit.life/ours
- Age UK: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/neighbourly-volunteering/
- The Prince’s Trust: Prince's Trust Online Mentors
- Zooniverse - take part in real cutting-edge research in fields across the sciences, humanities, and more
- Project Implicit - non-profit organisation and international collaboration between researchers who are interested in implicit social cognition
- Be My Eyes - a free app that connects blind and low-vision people with sighted volunteers and company representatives for visual assistance through a live video call.
- Translators without Borders - depends on volunteers to translate millions of words, but also to help us run the organization.
- Librivox - volunteers read and record chapters of books in the public domain (books no longer under copyright), and make them available for free.
- Missing Maps - Missing Maps is an open, collaborative project in which you can help to map areas where humanitarian organisations are trying to meet the needs of vulnerable people.
- Smithsonian Transcription Center - Become a Smithsonian Digital Volunteer and help make historical documents and biodiversity data more accessible.
- UN Volunteering - The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Online volunteering allows organizations and volunteers to team up to address sustainable development challenges – anywhere in the world.
- ZSL- Instant Wild - empowers you to take part in vital conservation work, bringing you LIVE images and videos from amazing locations all around the world. By identifying the animals in each image, you are contributing to conservation and making a positive impact on the future for wildlife.
- Child.org Indoor Corps - volunteer from your sofa and help tackle the coronavirus crisis in some of the world’s most vulnerable communities.