The Kent Volunteering Scheme (KVS) has been designed to recognise and support the hard-work University of Kent students do when volunteering. To give you measurable recognition for your work, you should log your volunteering hours on the form below, and you will be able to progress through the levels of the scheme. Not only is this an excellent addition to your CV, but when you reach certain levels, you will receive support from staff in helping you to recognise the Graduate Attributes and employability skills you have developed through volunteering and what you have gained from this. This will help you when talking to employers about your experience.
- 10 hours of volunteering recorded
- 30 hours of volunteering recorded
- 50 hours of volunteering recorded and a reflection of your employability skills
- 100 hours of volunteering recorded and a Quick Advice appointment with a member of staff to discuss your volunteering experience
- 200 hours of volunteering recorded and a reflection of your employability skills
- 1,000 hours of volunteering hours recorded. At this point, you will receive a letter and a meeting with senior member of staff to discuss your experience and what you want to do in the future.
You are strongly encouraged to log your hours as often as possible and to keep this up to date.
Through logging your hours you are providing consent to CES passing on the level of the scheme you have completed, along with your roles, to other University departments, including Employability Points and the team responsible for collating the HEAR.
If you have any queries, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The scheme is open from 16th May 2020 to 18th May 2021.