Looking for part time work whilst you study- where to start
Create a short CV that highlights your skills and experience relevant to part-time work and briefly summarise your education/qualifications which are usually less important for part-time work.
Find an example of a part time CV in the CV section of our web pages.
- Book a Quick Advice appointment at https://careers.kent.ac.uk/
- Sign up with Kent Union Jobshop for local and part time work.
- Follow Jobshop on Instagram to see part time jobs advertised
- Find "Part-time, temporary, seasonal work" on our jobs board TargetConnect https://careers.kent.ac.uk/
- Use this web site for local jobs Local Job Vacancies
- Customer service, retail, hospitality, cleaning and care work are some areas of employment for students, there are 2 main ways to find and apply for this work.
- Large companies have online application forms.
- Smaller companies usually advertise in their shop windows or take in applications / CV’s. Take a well-constructed CV around town and talking to people will give you access to these jobs. Recruitment for Christmas jobs starts in September.
- Recruitment agencies – to work effectively with these you need a good CV and to be clear regarding the types of work you are seeking. They manly handle Temporary work within Hospitality, Administration and more specialist roles for applicants with skills and experience.
- If you have no previous work experience consider volunteering as an option to build skills and experience, take a look at www.do-it.org
- Use online resources such as; www.jobsinkent.co.uk ; www.kentjobs.co.uk; www.studentgems.com; www.thebigchoice.com ; www.indeed.co.uk; www.reed.co.uk; https://uk.jooble.org/ to locate opportunities.
- Find casual work on campus - more details
Competition for part-time work in Canterbury and Medway is high, make sure you let employers know about your availability and flexibility and start your applications as soon as possible.
Attend one of our talks about finding a part time job to find out more and ask questions
|Finding a part-time job||22 Feb||1-2pm|
|Finding a part-time job||30 Mar||12-1pm|