If you want to brush up your language skills – or learn another language from scratch – where should you start? Below are some useful information resources for Learning another Language.
In Canterbury and Kent
- Our Study Plus programme works with the University of Kent Language Centre to provide taster sessions in many different languages. Find out more about these language taster sessions.
- University of Kent Language Centre also offers ten languages in Canterbury and French in Medway including summer courses: Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
- Kent Adult & Community Education
- Canterbury College offers evening GCSE and A-level courses in French, Italian and Spanish
- LanguageCourse.net is a free language learning tool. It teaches useful travel phrases and the most frequently used words. 5000 words and hundreds of phrases in 30 different languages. All words are presented with audio images.
General information and links
- Europa pages - courses in France, Spain, Germany and Ireland
Some course providers:
- Cactus Language
- Projects Abroad - French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic
Links to specific languages
Self-study and online learning
- BBC Languages
- Open University
- Rosetta Stone
- Duolingo - free and popular language learning service, can be used as a mobile app or in an internet browser.
See our modern languages careers page.