Arrivals (Canterbury)

Welcome to the Canterbury campus! Here’s everything you need to know about getting here, registration and moving into your accommodation.

Documents to bring

All undergraduate and postgraduate students living on campus: You'll need your ID documents, Accommodation Arrival Pass and proof of qualifications (if required). 

Undergraduate students: You'll also need your University and College Payment Advice letter from the Student Loans Company

International students: You'll also need your visa documents.

Your accommodation e-induction

We'll invite you from mid-August onwards to complete your accommodation e-induction through the MyAccommodation Portal (where you made your application). This isn't very long, but there's lots of key info here you may need to know about life on campus. At the end, you'll be told your exact room number and asked to book an arrival slot for when you want to arrive. Read our Canterbury arrivals guide - it's got everything you need to know. 


You accommodation e-induction is separate to enrolment and registration. Please make sure you enrol online - see Enrolment and Registration section. 

Enrolment and Registration

You must be registered to become a member of the University. In order for us to register you, you must have already completed enrolment online. Look out for your How to enrol email in your applicant portal in-tray which will let you know when you can enrol. Not sure of the process? Check out our handy guide. You should also check our our guide to the terminology of each process.

Registration is completed by us, online. You don’t need to do anything further once you’ve completed your enrolment, however international students may have further steps to complete - you will be emailed if that is the case. 

We’ll let you know by email when your registration is complete and you are officially registered as a University of Kent student. We’ll also let you know how you will receive your KentOne student ID card.

Home at Halls app

If you're living on campus, you'll need to activate your Kent IT account before you arrive to allow you to access the Home at Halls app which has a whole host of features just for residential students.

Registration deadline

You must ensure that you have completed your enrolment as soon as possible so that we can then register you as a student. The deadline for becoming a registered student is 10.00 on Monday 16 October 2023. Some Divisions or schools may have earlier deadlines; please contact your Division for further information.

Online Module Registration (OMR)

You will need to choose the modules that you would like to study in Stage 1 (please note that there are some exceptions), and have two weeks to complete Online Module Registration (OMR). 

You can start to look at the modules on offer to you by viewing your Subject Requirements

Qualifications checks

You may be required to bring evidence of your previous qualifications with you to the University. You will be notified via the enrolment process if this applies to you. This does not apply to UK undergraduate students whose results are sent directly to the University by the UK examination boards.


If you do not have original documents please ensure you obtain these from the relevant bodies prior to your arrival at the University. If, for any reason, you are unable to provide proof of entrance qualifications, you must contact the Recruitment and Admissions Office immediately via your applicant portal.

We reserve the right to cancel an offer of a place to any student who does not provide evidence of qualifications obtained, either in the form of an officially certified photocopy acceptable to Kent or an original certificate produced if requested.

International students

You will need to have your immigration status and ID documents checked by the Student Immigration Compliance Team in the Arrivals Hub 

If you are travelling from overseas and need to collect a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from us, this will be done on an appointment only basis, once we have notified you that we have received your BRP. To collect your BRP, you must bring your passport and UKVI visa decision letter for verification checks. Should these arrangements change, we will notify you of the process.

If you have collected your BRP from a Post Office, you must bring this in person to the Student Immigration Compliance Team in order for us to take a copy of it for your student record.

Visa information for students arriving in the UK

Last updated