A person overlooking a city landscape

At Kent, we can offer you the opportunity for you to go abroad as part of your degree. If you haven't already applied for a course with a year abroad, you can make a change your course request.

Your Student visa will require us to inform the Home Office of:

  • The dates you will be on your year abroad
  • The address for the study abroad/Erasmus institution
  • When you return to the UK

A course which includes a year abroad is usually four years. Therefore, if you are planning on switching from a three year course to add a year abroad, you must consult with Kent Union Advice Centre regarding the implications to your visa. You can find more information on our changing your course page.

Last updated