Celebrating 50 years
The University's 50th anniversary celebrations drew to a climax in September 2015 and the Maths Outreach team presented a series of talks, activities, and demonstrations on Saturday 5 September.
The programme was:
- 12.30-13.00 - A wave called Soliton and its discovery
- 13.00-13.30 - Making waves with Maths
- 13.30-15.00 - Refreshments and activities: visitors were able to meet SMSAS staff, PhD students, and others. Maths Busking, demonstrations, and a variety of other activities were also held.
- 15.00-15.30 - Topology: A story of doughnuts, power lines and the London Underground
- 15.30-16.00 - Solitons: From Edinburgh Canal to the Large Hadron Collider