OverviewAdvanced modulation and optimal receivers design and their performances of M-ary PSK and QAM; Signal design for bandlimited channels; Carrier and symbol synchronization; Multichannel and multicarrier communications (e.g. OFDM); Filterbank based Multicarrier Transmission (FBMC); Spread spectrum and CDMA signals for digital communications; Multiuser communications; multiple input multiple output (MIMO) technology.
This module appears in:
Total contact hours: 41
Private study hours: 109
Total study hours: 150
Method of assessment
1) Understand the principles of different digital modulation schemes, spread spectrum technology, multiple access technologies, and how to analyse them;
2) Understand the principles of multichannel and multicarrier communications;
3) Understand the principles of multiple input multiple output systems;
4) Understand the principles of information theory.
5) Understand the principles of error correcting codes and be able to analyse and design in outline the digital circuits employed