EL305 INTRODUCTION TO ELECTRONICS
EL311 THE ROBOTICS PROJECT
INTRODUCTION TO LABVIEW
Support in the use of LabView for interfacing LabView between a PC and external hardware.
LABVIEW DAQ DEMONSTRATION
Demonstration a DAQ device in the Project Lab.
LABVIEW DAQ INTERFACE BOARD
Introduction a DAQ interface device and its use for A/D and D/A conversion and digital I/O.
Support in the use of the project PC-based hardware and software, including sensors, transducers, analogue I/O, digital I/O, event handling, data manipulation, data visualisation and the design of user interfaces.
Project planning, project proposal, information search, risk assessment, documentation, use of logbooks, group management.
Writing project reports for the second and third year projects.
Presentation skills for the second and third year projects.
This is a group project with a large element of practical work including both hardware and software. It is based around an engineering application of a PC. It has the following features:-
(1) Each group is supervised by a member of academic staff who provides a brief description of the engineering application.
(2) The group responds to the original brief by producing a written specification for the work required.
(3) Project support is provided by weekly meetings with the supervisor and by the lectures.
This module appears in:
Contact Hours 49, consisting of:
16 hours Lectures
10 hours LABVIEW Workshops
6 hours Practical Session on Signal Conditioning Electronics and Interfacing
15 hours Supervisions
2 hours Assessment by a Presentation and a Demonstration
Only available to students on programmes owned by The School of Engineering and Digital Arts
Method of assessment
1. demonstrate an understanding of data acquisition and hardware interfacing to a personal computer;
2. demonstrate use of visual programming and user interface design and implementation;
3. demonstrate an understanding of software management and project management.