The following guidelines can help you to deliver effective communications which receive good engagement and can help you to achieve your objectives.
Student Guide/Campus Online
The Student Guide is the ‘one-stop-shop’ where students can find all the information they need while studying at Kent.
Campus Online is our staff website, featuring University news and helpful staff resources. Campus Online news is also used to create the fortnightly Kent Staff Online email.
To add a notice to the Student Guide or Campus Online complete the send us a story form. Please include as much information as possible, including any multimedia content (photos, video etc…).
Corporate Communications can then review your message and choose which media to publish your message to.
- Keep it short and simple. Be ruthless when identifying what’s relevant.
- Important information at the top. If you wanted your target audience to learn one thing what would it be? Include that key piece of information at the top.
- Clear call to actions. Be clear in your message what you want your audience to do next.
- Make it scannable. Use bullet points, sub-headings, short paragraphs and short sentences.
- Hyperlink text. Don’t include long web links within the notice.
- Short title. No more than 30 characters (with spaces).
- Good introductory line. Summarises the story in less than 140 characters (with spaces).
Please note we may edit your stories so they meet the above guidelines.
A good example
Student Finance deadline – 28 June
If you’re returning to a full-time course at university and haven’t applied for your student loan yet, apply now.
28 June 2013 is the final deadline for re-applying for student finance.
Got a student finance question?
Talk to Kent's student finance team
Before you start
Before you start any communications there are four key questions you need to answer:
- Who am I trying to communicate with?
- Does my audience need this information? Does it add
- What is the call-to-action?
- How do I expect my audience to respond?