Find a Job
If you are looking for work experience, placements and internships, or graduate work, view vacancies.
if you are an international student Student Circus has a list of jobs open to students with a tier 4 visa - register and log in with your Kent details.
The Student Guide has a lot of other ideas of how to gain employability skills whilst you’re at university, and build up a strong CV for when you graduate.
If you don’t find one as soon as you graduate, there are many ways to help build up your CV to make you a stronger candidate:
- Consider the various graduate internship opportunities available. These provide short-term (usually between two and six months), graduate-level work placements that help you to build up your skills and experience and may even lead on to a permanent job. Although some employers (especially in the media, arts and charity sectors) do have unpaid internships, many are paid at least at minimum wage level.
- Graduate STEP - 2-3 month internships offering meaningful, paid work for recent graduates
- Get voluntary experience. This may not be easy if you need to earn money to pay off your student debt, but volunteering is a good way to get experience relevant to social work, education, medicine, police/probation work, counselling, healthcare and the media, amongst others.
- Teach English abroad. You don’t need a Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) qualification, although it could be useful, and there are opportunities almost anywhere.
- Many students will consider a postgraduate degree as a way to improve their qualifications, but this is not a cheap option and you need to think carefully about how it would fit into your career plans.
- Short courses in areas such as computing, languages, business and bookkeeping can be an immense help in making you more employable.
- If you are trying to get into a competitive area such as marketing or PR, professional bodies offer introductory courses that will develop your knowledge and demonstrate your motivation to employers.
Posted 1 day ago
KVS has various levels that you can progress through based on how many hours you log - each level rewards you with… https://t.co/JOOSj6HYFF
Posted 3 days ago
Posted 3 days ago