Find a Job
If you are looking for work experience, placements and internships, or graduate work, view vacancies.
if you are an international student Student Circus has a list of jobs open to students with a tier 4 visa - register and log in with your Kent details.
The Student Guide has a lot of other ideas of how to gain employability skills whilst you’re at university, and build up a strong CV for when you graduate.
If you don’t find one as soon as you graduate, there are many ways to help build up your CV to make you a stronger candidate:
- Consider the various graduate internship opportunities available. These provide short-term (usually between two and six months), graduate-level work placements that help you to build up your skills and experience and may even lead on to a permanent job. Although some employers (especially in the media, arts and charity sectors) do have unpaid internships, many are paid at least at minimum wage level.
- Graduate STEP - 2-3 month internships offering meaningful, paid work for recent graduates
- Get voluntary experience. This may not be easy if you need to earn money to pay off your student debt, but volunteering is a good way to get experience relevant to social work, education, medicine, police/probation work, counselling, healthcare and the media, amongst others.
- Teach English abroad. You don’t need a Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) qualification, although it could be useful, and there are opportunities almost anywhere.
- Many students will consider a postgraduate degree as a way to improve their qualifications, but this is not a cheap option and you need to think carefully about how it would fit into your career plans.
- Short courses in areas such as computing, languages, business and bookkeeping can be an immense help in making you more employable.
- If you are trying to get into a competitive area such as marketing or PR, professional bodies offer introductory courses that will develop your knowledge and demonstrate your motivation to employers.
Do you know what you want to do after you graduate? Take part in Internship Experience UK to try out the sort of… https://t.co/jYq2rpCFGh
Posted about 17 hours ago
Have you signed up for the #KentDigitalAccessibility2021 conference tomorrow? Having a knowledge and understanding… https://t.co/tCsdGY6imj
Posted 3 days ago
As the term draws to a close, we want to remind students that we're OPEN all Summer🌻 Whether you want CV feedback,… https://t.co/kaj6rPrAcK
Posted 4 days ago