The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Scholarships and Funding 2013University support ranges from a generous number of research student scholarships, through to location-specific funding, and funding specifically for overseas fee-paying students.
Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- Graduate Teaching Assistantships - deadline 31st January 2013
- 50th Anniversary Research Scholarships - deadline 31st January 2013
- Alumni Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2013 - deadline 10th May 2013
- The Christine and Ian Bolt Scholarship 2013 - deadline 24th May 2013
South East ESRC Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) funding
The University of Kent is proud to be part of the South-East ESRC Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) in partnership with the Universities of Reading, Royal Holloway and Surrey. This centre of excellence in social science postgraduate research training will have studentships across the consortium for students commencing their studies in the 2013-14 academic year. PhD studentships will be awarded on the basis of the academic excellence of both the candidate and the research proposal.
The School of Politics and International Relations are eligible to put forward candidates for consideration in the South-East ESRC DTC student competition under the Political Science and International Studies Pathway. Within the pathways, there is a selection of PhD programmes and routes which can be taken based on a candidate’s previous experience and research interests. A Master’s degree may be require, candidates who have not previously undertaken a Master’s degree are likely to be required to undertake a research training Master’s degree prior to embarking on their PhD research (1+3 model or be enrolled on a four year programme (+4 model).
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must make a formal application for postgraduate research study at the University of Kent. Applications to the University can be made online. Applicants that are applying for postgraduate research within the School of Politics and International Relations are recommended to submit their application by Monday 14th January 2013 to allow time for their applications to be processed and a supervisory team put in place. All eligible applicants offered a place by Thursday 31 January 2013 will be considered for an ESRC studentship. Applicants that wish to be considered for the studentship will have until February 22nd 2013 to submit their application to the South East Doctoral Training Centre.
Further information is available here: http://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate/research_council/esrc.html
- ScholarshipsTimes.com - an initiative to highlight or simply provide information about scholarships available across the Globe. We update this website on regular basis and all types of scholarship, finanacial aid information is posted for the covenience of viewers. The scholarships are categorized in Government, NGO's / Trusts and Corporate Scholarships. They are also categorized according to the level of education like Undergraduate, Postgradute, PHD / Doctorate, Post Doctoral Scholarships and Research Scholarships.