Linking to the University of Kent website
The University encourages web authors to link into its website. This page sets out how to do this in ways that will make such links easy to establish and maintain.
Including information about the University of Kent
A number of organisations choose to hold information about or links to the University of Kent (and other universities) on their websites and the University welcomes such coverage.
Established arrangements with national bodies such as UCAS and HEFCE ensure that the detailed University information they hold on their sites is accurate and up to date. However, it's not practical to maintain these kinds of arrangements with all sites wishing to hold information about the University, so the following guidance should be taken into account:
- General information about the University can be found on our website and in various publications - short extracts from these sources may be quoted or paraphrased.
- Where the information is specific (eg course information), instead of quoting the details web authors should provide links directly into the University website, which will contain the most up to date and accurate information.
- Images and extensive quotes should not be taken from the University website or other publications without explicit permission. The University logo should not be used without permission.
- When including information about the University, it's always a good idea to include a link to www.kent.ac.uk and it's worth including a disclaimer, pointing out that anyone wishing to find out about the University should check the University website or other publications for current information.
Deep linking - choosing a suitable page
We try not to change URLs of the main pages, but it's possible that if you link to 'deep' pages on-going site development may eventually lead to your link being broken. Here are some pages which will retain fixed URLs for as long as possible:
- University home page: www.kent.ac.uk
- About the University of Kent: www.kent.ac.uk/about
- Information for prospective students: www.kent.ac.uk/courses
- Departments and centres: www.kent.ac.uk/departments
- Library services: www.kent.ac.uk/library
- Contact details: www.kent.ac.uk
If you have any questions about linking to, or including information about, the University of Kent, please contact the University's Web Content and Editorial Team, WebEditors@kent.ac.uk, or Publications Team, Publications@kent.ac.uk.