University High Performance Computing (HPC) services
University staff and research students: do you need to run large scale calculations?
- Icarus runs Python, R, C, Java, MATLAB and more. It has advanced GPU computing capabilities and uses a scheduler.
- Tesla, has the same software and has basic GPU computing capabilities, for use interactively.
- Phoenix, which uses MATLAB, runs complex computations in hours rather than weeks.
Research that's too impractical with normal computing may now be feasible. The University is committed to providing first-class HPC services at Kent and also has partnerships that allow access to national HPC infrastructure systems.
Contact us for more information
Ask about using HPC at Kent. If you've got specific hardware and software requirements, let us know.
- Email email@example.com or phone 01227 82 4888.
- You can also visit our HPC community on SharePoint (Kent login needed).