It is important for all videos relating to the University to communicate the brand, both visually and conceptually.
Download the Brand Guidelines PDF for more information on the use of video at Kent.
- Videos should be under four minutes in length.
- Include the University logo (static or animated) in the opening and closing shot - please adhere to the logo usage guidelines.
- Captions for staff should include their first and last names and formal title, and use the University typeface.
- Ensure that there are influences of the Kent brand throughout the film, eg signage and background, tee shirts, hoodies.
- Please make sure that everyone in the video has signed a photographic and audio-visual release consent form that gives written consent to allow posting of the video online
- Music used in the video must be copyright-free or comply with all relevant copyright legislation.
- Images from books, works of art or footage must be checked beforehand to avoid breaching any copyright laws.
- Videos should be clearly audible, in-focus, well-framed and well-lit.
- Any graphics or animations must be professional, appropriate and necessary to convey the message.
- Please refer to our digital guidelines.