Jump to body content. Jump to site menu.
Brand Identity

Frequently asked questions

Quick contacts

For printed materials and stock photos:
Design and Print Unit

Website related enquiries:
Web Solutions

Using the brand/logo

Can Kent Union student societies/bodies use the Kent brand/logo?

In general, the University of Kent brand/logo should not be used by student societies/bodies.

Kent Union can request its use in exceptional circumstances by contacting the Branding Implementation Group.

Can the Kent brand/logo be used in surveys?

Staff – All official surveys should be appropriately branded.

Students – Yes, subject to the student’s academic sponsor confirming this is required for their studies and conforms with applicable ethics guidelines.

Can the University of Kent brand/logo be used on student degree show promotional material?

While degree show promotional materials should comply with the brand guidelines, the aim is to apply a ‘light’ branding touch. The Design and Print Unit should be consulted and agree with the proposed material and layout.

Presentations and the brand

Should students use the Kent brand/logo on presentations?

Where students are presenting the results of their work/study/research to an external audience (eg at conferences, fora and colloquia) they should use the branded presentation templates.

Should academic presentations use the Kent brand/logo?

Yes, when research is being presented to an external audience (e.g. at conferences, fora and colloquia) they should use the branded presentation templates.

Lecture materials should be appropriately branded but with a ‘light’ branding touch.

Where can I... ?

Where can I get a copy of the Arial MT font?

It is acceptable to use the Arial font where Arial MT is not available.

Where can I get a hard copy of the brand guidelines?

There are hard copies available on request.

A PDF copy of the brand guidelines you can download is also available.

Where can I obtain Kent images for my publication/websites?

A selection of imagery is available on the Kent Visual Identity image library.

The Design and Print Unit will be happy to assist you with sourcing suitable images for use with branded materials.

Should you want imagery or video that goes beyond what is available in the above image library, the Information Services Digital Imaging team may be able to provide professional-level media services to academic and professional service departments across the University.

Where can I find a video/photography release form?

You can download it from this site or you can find it on the video branding page as part of our Visual Identity.

Where can I get a new/revised Kent sub-brand logo?

Refer to the guidelines on Sub-brands.

Email your request to the Brand Implementation Group for consideration.

Where can I get Kent letterhead paper for official documents?

Requests for letterhead paper should go to the Design and Print Unit.

Where can I find information on the official format for email signatures?

The approved format for email signature, as well as instructions on how to set them up, are available on the email signature page of our Visual Identity.

Corporate Communications, Enrolment Management Services, and Information Services - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000