Avoiding plagiarism links for students
Use the links below to find extra information and online tutorials about referencing and plagiarism.
Academic writing and avoiding plagiarism
- Working with text-based sources: tips from the University of Kent Student Learning Advisors
- University of Hertfordshire: Using English for Academic Purposes
- University of Leicester - Discipline specific online tutorial on avoiding plagiarism
Referencing and avoiding plagiarism
- Heritage College: a series of links to information on several referencing styles including some less commonly used at the University of Kent. See also the University's Referencing Style Guides.
- University of Leeds: Guide to writing to avoid plagiarism
Online Tutorials (on finding information for your assignments)
- The Internet Detective: how to get the best out of your online research
- Intute: virtual training suite: Free online tutorials on internet research skills
- The University of Northampton: Online tutorials on how to find information for your assignments