Canterbury student accommodation
Students starting in January or February 2018
If you are starting your course in January or February 2018, please submit your application for accommodation here from the end of October 2017.
- Applications should be submitted by mid-December 2017; offers of accommodation will be emailed to students from mid-December 2017.
- International Foundation Programme students (IFP) will be notified of their room allocations in mid-January 2018.
- Applicants should add firstname.lastname@example.org to their email address book to avoid this message being treated as spam or junk mail.
- Accepting your room agreement is an online process and you simply need to follow the online instructions.
- We try to meet students' accommodation preferences and other requests where possible but this cannot be guaranteed. Please note that the availability of en-suite accommodation will be limited. It is advisable to include other accommodation types in your application as well as en-suite.
Five key facts on student accommodation in Canterbury
- 5,400 rooms available
- 20% of the accommodation is priced under £4,500 per annumn
- Over 85% of our rooms are self-catered
- Since 2010, we invested over £120m in refurbishing our accommodation
- If you apply before the 31st July and meet all of the eligibility criteria, you will be offered a room.
To cook, or not to cook – your student accommodation options
You have three catering options available to you on campus. You can live in self-catered, Bed and Bistro, or Bed and Flex accommodation.
Self-catered accommodation means that you will prepare your own meals, even if this means buying the occasional take-away from our fabulous on-campus takeaway, Hut8. Whereas, with our part-catered options (Bed and Bistro or Bed and Flex) breakfast and dinner will be included during term-time only, taking the stress out of your first year of University.
Our Bed and Bistro accommodation package means you will have breakfast and dinner in Keynes College, Dolche Vita, Monday to Friday and enjoy meals at Rutherford Dining Hall at the weekends, during term time only.
Our Bed and Flex accommodation package means you get £8 a day to spend on food in a variety of catering outlets across campus, during term time only. This package gives you the freedom to try a wide range of food.
Virtual tours of student accommodation in Canterbury
Click and drag to explore our accommodation, catering and social spaces at Canterbury.