Horizon 2020 is the European Union's flagship research and innovation funding progamme.
The programme is split into three pillars:
- Excellent Science: Bottom-up research, ERC fellowships, Marie Curie mobility grants and FET open (Future Emerging Technologies)
- Societal Challenges: Top-down topics for consortia of 3 countries tackling problems that will benefit society
- Industrial leadership: Top-down topics for consortia of 3 countries tackling problems that will benefit industry
Blocks of calls covering several years are published in work programmes and applications are made through the Participant Portal.
The PIC code for University of Kent applicants is 999841275.
2018 Draft work programmes
- Food Security and Bioeconomy
- Inclusive, Innovative and reflective societies
- Secure Societies
- ICT (compilation of calls within the societal challenge pillar)
- General work programme
- Spreading excellence and widening participation
- Accessing risk finance
- Science with and for society
- Communication, dissemination and exploitation
- Innovation in SMEs