- Show all
- 50th anniversary
- Admissions and recruitment
- Alumni and reunions
- Art and exhibitions
- Equality and Diversity
- Film and television
- Health, wellbeing and fitness
- Lectures, talks and seminars
- Religious festivals
- Short courses and day schools
- Staff development
- Student skills and employability
- Student Union
- Term dates and holidays
- Theatre and performance
- University meetings
- Public engagement
The programme for this event includes:
10:20 Welcome, tea/coffee.
10:30-12:15. Session 1. Chair: Anna Katharina Schaffner
- Katja Haustein: 'On Tact in Proust'
- Alexandra Lampard: 'Prisoners of the Flesh: Mind, Body and the Female Artist in Fin-de-siècle Literature'
- Axel Staehler: 'Resurgences of Antisemitism and the Calumny of Ritual Murder: Dramatic Responses'
12:15-13:30 Lunch (provided).
13:30-14:45. Session 2. Chair Patricia Novillo-Corvalan
- Xiaofan Amy Li: 'Keywords and Debates in Comparative and World Literature: Some Reflections'
- Muradiye Kiyak: 'Margins, Villas, and Gecekondu: César Aira, Latife Tekin, and the Urban Peripheries of Istanbul and Buenos Aires'
14:45-15:00 Tea/coffee break
15:00-16:00 Session 3. Chair: Xiaofan Amy Li
- Lesley Gray: 'What did Anton Mesmer and the French Royal Commission of 1784 do for us? A study of scientific method and the imagination'
- Shane Weller: 'For an Active Philology: Barthes and Nietzsche'
LocationSeminar Room 5,
University of Kent,
DetailsOpen to all,
Contact: Dr Xiaofan Amy Li