- Show all
- 50th anniversary
- Admissions and recruitment
- Alumni and reunions
- Art and exhibitions
- Equality and Diversity
- Film and television
- Health, wellbeing and fitness
- Lectures, talks and seminars
- Religious festivals
- Short courses and day schools
- Staff development
- Student skills and employability
- Student Union
- Term dates and holidays
- Theatre and performance
- University meetings
- Public engagement
Give every child the belief that they can achieve anything. Develop skills that can take you anywhere. Come along to our presentation to discover how Teach First can support you to become an inspirational leader both in and outside the classroom, wherever your career is heading.
Teach First is a charity that works towards a day where every child has the education they are entitled to – no matter their background. Thousands of university students and graduates have helped change the lives of young people through our award-winning programmes.
Our economy needs an extra 40,000 graduates from Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) backgrounds in order to secure and sustain our growth. However, very few students are taking up these subjects, particularly those from low-income communities.
For the country to thrive we need many more young people to be equipped to take on high-skilled jobs and drive our economy forward. And this is why educational inequality isn't just the biggest problem in our education system – it's one of the biggest problems in our country!
Could you be a role model to inspire student to take up STEM subjects and give them the belief that they can succeed?
At this event, you will discover how Teach First can support you to become an inspirational leader both at university and beyond. You will hear more about our award-winning programmes, including:
- The Insight Programme: two-week, paid internship for penultimate-year STEM students.
- The Taster Programme: two-days of interactive workshops to increase your employability skills.
- The Leadership Development Programme: two-year, salaried role where you will combine your work in the classroom with access to world class training and exclusive internships (including Google, PwC, Accenture and more).
Come and join us for pizza and networking, where you can our recruiters and individuals who have already completed our programmes.
If you have any questions about this event please contact Ross Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.orgVisit the event web page
Book to attend via https://careers.kent.ac.uk/lea...
University of Kent,
DetailsOpen to STEM students,
Contact: Careers & Employability Service
T: 01227 823299
Careers & Employability Service