Our research: Making a difference
As a School, we conduct high-quality research across the fields of finance, business and management.
Our areas of expertise include:
- accounting – public sector or critical accounting; accounting history
- finance – derivatives pricing and risk management; financial econometrics; international banking; financial regulation; corporate finance; asset pricing and real-estate modelling
- management science – wide-ranging research in operational research and systems thinking
- marketing – marketing strategy and performance; product development and innovation; buyer behaviour; management of supply chains and market delivery systems
- people, management and organisation – human resource management, organisational behaviour and leadership
- strategy and international business – corporate social responsibility; international strategic alliances; international business in Central and Eastern Europe; management of multinational enterprises; management of not-for-profit ogranisations.
Our research extends business knowledge and produces innovative and sustainable solutions to organisational challenges. As a forward-looking school, we are always working to ensure that our research has a positive impact, not just within business but in the wider world. For example, Dr Adolf Acquaye's research uses state-of-the-art methods to help companies assess their environmental impact.
Our research projects have attracted substantial funding from sources such as the Economic and Social Research Council and the Hong Kong Research Grants Council. We have also worked directly with companies including Priority Freight and the Port of Dover.
Our staff are recognised as being at the forefront of their fields and their expertise has been sought by bodies such as the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the Swiss Institute of Banking and Finance, the FT Trading Room, Kent County Council and Medway Council.
Visit our people page to discover more about our academic staff, their interests and activities, and how to contact them.