We are deeply saddened and concerned by the invasion of Ukraine and our thoughts are with any of our students and staff who have been affected by the escalating conflict.
Over the past week we have identified several staff and students from Ukraine and Russia and have taken immediate steps to support these individuals. Additionally, we have been supporting students based in both countries to ensure we can get them to a safe place as quickly as possible. Teams are also tracing any further staff or students who have travelled to the regions to make sure they can get the help they need.
We understand this is a worrying time and we are here to help. Here are a range of support services available for both staff and students, including:
- How to submit an extenuating circumstances request if you are worried your grades might suffer
- Weekly drop-in support sessions with Student Support and Wellbeing starting from 7 March
- Kent Student Support and Wellbeing
- Student LGBTQ+ Support Pages
- The LGBTQ+ Staff Network
- BAME Staff Network
- BAME Student Network
- Student Support and Wellbeing’s blog about being mindful of your mental health during world events.
We will provide further updates once we are clear on any developments that impact our students, staff, or university.