Go Abroad
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image

Study Abroad

Find out more about our exciting study abroad opportunities and the prestigious exchange partners you could study with.

Study abroad as part of your degree


Many of our full-time undergraduate degrees offer an option to go abroad and study at one of our prestigious partner universities. If your degree does not already include a Year or Term abroad, you may be able to add one after you have arrived at Kent or switch to a degree which does include study abroad. Please contact your academic school's Student Support Advisor as soon as possible for advice on how to proceed.

Degrees which incorporate a Year or Term abroad allow you to spend one academic year or one term studying at a partner university.

  • A Year Abroad takes place in your third year and you will then return to Kent for your final (fourth) year.
  • A Term Abroad takes place in either the Spring Term of your second year or the Autumn Term of your third year.


If you undertake a Year or Term Abroad at one of our European partner universities, you may be eligible for funding under the Erasmus+ programme.



International mobility within postgraduate programmes offers an experience that can enhance academic, personal and professional development. There are a number of mobility options that could be considered as part of postgraduate programmes at Kent.


Opportunities may be available to Masters and Doctoral students to study abroad at one of our European partner universities under the Erasmus+ mobility programme. Please contact the Erasmus team to discuss possibile activities. Opportunities may also be available under Erasmus Staff Mobility if you also hold a contract of employment with the University.

For more information, see: Erasmus postgraduate funding

Kent's European Centres

In addition to our UK campuses, we have specialist study centres in some of the most exciting and historic cities in Europe. You can study for a UK degree full-time in Brussels, Paris and Athens or for a term in Rome and Paris.

For more information on the courses available, please visit www.kent.ac.uk/locations/european-centres

Jointly supervised PhDs (Co-tutelles)

Jointly supervised PhDs (commonly known as cotutelles) offer PhD students the chance to be jointly supervised by the University of Kent and a university in another country. This results in a dual, or sometimes a joint, award of a PhD from Kent and a doctorate from the partner university. For more information, please contact the Graduate School: graduateschool@kent.ac.uk.

Dual and joint Masters degree programmes

Kent offers a number of programmes leading to dual and joint UK and international qualifications (international double awards) at Master’s level. Please see our postgraduate course catalogue for further details.

International Partnerships

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 824191

Last Updated: 18/02/2020