Student Services is pleased to welcome applications for scholarships from enthusiastic students who are interested in providing opportunities within the local and campus communities. The Community Scholarship offers students a great way to demonstrate leadership, enthusiasm and organisational skills - essential to future employers.
Applications are open to all Kent students enrolled at Canterbury or Medway from all stages, disciplines and modes of study. Projects can be related to sport, arts, music, cultural or any other discipline.
What’s included in the scholarship?
• Up to £1,000 scholar award for your time and committment on the project, as well as up to £1,000 to cover personal expenses and project running costs.
• Advice, training and project management support from the Student Activities and Scholarships Officer in delivering your project.
• Personal and employability skills development.
• Employability points.
• Access to additional project funding dependent on the nature and quality of the individual scholarship project.
Applications are now closed for 2018-19 academic year. Special circumstances may be given for small-scale projects. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Application submissions will re-open: 16 September 2019
Click here for the selection process
Successful applications will demonstrate the following:
• A project brief which exhibits careful thought and planning.
• An inclusive project which benefits the local or campus community.
• Demonstrable benefits and outcomes for participants.
• Evidence of commitment to past projects completed will also be considered.
• Each application is considered on its individual merits by the scholarships board.
Please note: the award of a scholarship does not confirm an offer to study at the University of Kent. Scholarships can only be awarded for co-curricular projects for which the applicant is not receiving academic credit or payment. Recipients of other scholarships may still be eligible for a Community Scholarship if they meet the award criteria