Dr Theologos Pantelidis is currently a senior lecturer at Kent Business School, University of Kent. Previously, he was an Assistant Professor at the University of Macedonia (2011-2016), a lecturer at the University of Crete (2008-2011) and a contract lecturer at the National University of Ireland Maynooth (2006-2008). Dr Pantelidis was awarded his Ph.D. in 2005 by the Department of Banking and Financial Management (University of Piraeus).
Kent Business School
Tuesday 13:00 - 15:00
Also view these in the Kent Academic Repository
Dr. Pantelidis has twelve years of experience in conducting research in international economics/finance, financial econometrics and forecasting. He has published 17 peer-reviewed articles in various journals (e.g. Journal of Applied Econometrics, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Economic Policy, Economics Letters, The European Journal of Finance etc) and contributed to 2 edited volumes.
The international impact of his research is apparent in the number of citations it has attracted. He has established an international research profile by regularly attending international conferences (31 so far) and giving invited talks. Dr. Pantelidis a research associate at (i) the Maynooth Finance Research Group (National University of Ireland Maynooth) and (ii) the Price and Competition Observatory (University Research Institute, University of Macedonia)back to top
During the past ten years Dr. Pantelidis successfully taught a wide array of modules both at the undergraduate and the postgraduate level. In 2013 he received a teaching award from the “Executive MBA” post-graduate program (University of Macedonia). In many cases, his teaching at the postgraduate level is research-led, incorporating his research findings directly into the module delivery. He has successfully supervised 17 undergraduate theses and 17 postgraduate ones.back to top
Dr. Pantelidis was the organizer of the Departmental Seminar Series during the period 2008-2015 (University of Crete and University of Macedonia). He is also involved in the organization of the following international events:
Co-Chair of the Local Organizing Committee:
- 1st International Conference in Applied Theory, Macro and Empirical Finance, April 06-07, 2015, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- IAAE 2015 Annual Conference (International Association for Applied Econometrics), June 25-27, 2015, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 2nd International Conference in Applied Theory, Macro and Empirical Finance, May 06-07, 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 2016 Annual Meeting of the Association of Southern European Economic Theorists (ASSET), November 10-12, 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 23rd International Panel Data Conference, 2017, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- International Symposium on Forecasting 2019, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Head of the Scientific and Organizing Committee:
- 1st Short Course in Empirical Methods in Economic Growth, July 3-6, 2013, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 2nd Short Course in Panel Data Analysis, June 23-26, 2014, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 3rd Short Course: “Panel Data Methods”, June 22-25, 2015, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 4th Short Course: “Dynamic Programming – Theory, Computation and Empirical Applications”, July 04-08, 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Programme Committee Member:
- 18th Annual Conference of the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, EAERE 2011, 29 June – 02 July 2011, Rome, Italy.
Programme and Organizing Committee Member:
- SEM’s Third Conference (Society for Economic Measurement), July 06-08, 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Scientific Committee Member:
- 1st International PhD Meeting of Thessaloniki in Economics, July 1-2, 2013, Thessaloniki, Greece.
2nd International PhD Meeting of Thessaloniki in Economics, June 27-28, 2014, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Dr. Pantelidis has successfully supervised 17 undergraduate theses and 17 postgraduate ones. He is currently the Head of the Supervising Committee of two PhD students (University of Macedonia).