If you're looking to study a research degree at Kent, we recommend you choose a topic and identify an appropriate supervisor before you apply.
Choose a research topic
Postgraduate research at Kent can take place in any subject area our academic staff are able to supervise. See our A-Z list of research programmes.
Find a supervisor for your research
- Find the school or centre most relevant to your area of interest. For interdisciplinary topics, you may need to check the research programmes in more than one school.
- Look through the staff profiles to find an appropriate supervisor. Check their research interests, current projects and published articles.
- Contact the Director of Graduate Studies in the school where you wish to study. You should also contact the potential supervisor directly to discuss your research proposal.
View staff profiles for:
- American Studies
- Anthropology and Conservation
- Engineering and Digital Arts
- European Culture and Languages
- Higher Education
- Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
- Medieval & Early Modern Studies
- Music and Audio Technology
- Physical Sciences
- Politics and International Relations
- Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research
- Sport and Exercise Sciences
It is also possible to be supervised by an academic belonging to a different school to the one running your programme, if their expertise matches your research interests. Use the search box below to search by staff member and keyword.
Click the apply button on the programme you want to study. There is no fixed deadline for applications to research degrees but we advise you to apply as soon as possible.
For full details on the application process, see our how to apply pages.