Planning your journey advice
This page is updated regularly with new apps, webpages, and social media links that give up to date information on road, rail, bus, international and bicycle travel to help you prepare and plan your journeys.
Government guidance with National Lockdown 3: You must not leave or be outside of your home except where you have a ‘reasonable excuse’.
Transport tips for essential travel:
- Be prepared by planning all your journeys before leaving your house.
- Be prepared for road or travel disruptions.
- Be prepared and think safe.
- Avoid travel during busy times, if possible.
- Brexit Government travel webpage by the UK Government Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) with up-to-date travel advice after Brexit.
- National Express
- Driving in the EU
- Travel to EU by air, rail or sea
- Kent traffic management on M20 motorway to Dover and Eurotunnel - Government measures to manage traffic flow.
- Enforcing Operation Brock (M20) plans in 2021
- Government guidance on passenger travel to the EU by air, rail or sea from 1 January 2021
- Visit Europe from 1 January 2021
- Driving abroad - rules for driving, passports, EHIC cards, pet travel and more
- Driving abroad - check if you need an international driving permit (IDP)
- Returning to the UK - provides information about some of the actions you may need to take if you are a UK national living abroad and you are returning to the UK permanently.
- Government steps up plans to keep trade flowing at the end of the transition period
- Foreign travel insurance
Quick LinksCOVID-19 Travel Page
Brexit Travel Page
Travel Safety Advice Page