New KBS Research Event: The Future of Research Assessment – Peer Review vs. Metrics
16 January 2017
KBS has announced a series of new research events, known as Kent Business School Debates.
The launch event, which takes place in May 2017, will feature lively discussions around the future of research assessment. All are invited to attend.
In 2015 The Metric Tide concluded that “peer review, despite its flaws and limitations, continues to command widespread support across disciplines” and that “metrics should support, not supplant, expert judgement.”
In an age of galloping technological change and increasing pressure on research funding, the debate will focus on whether this conclusion remains valid.
High-profile speakers who will debate this conclusion include:
- Dr Liz Allen, Faculty 1000
- Prof Eleonora Belfiore, Loughborough University
- Prof Paul Edwards, University of Birmingham
- Prof Anne-Wil Harzing, Middlesex University
- Dr Thed van Leeuwen, Leiden University
- Prof Loet Leyedsdorff, University of Amsterdam
- Prof John Mingers, University of Kent
The event is free to attend and includes lunch and refreshments.