The New Sibson Building
The new academic building for Kent Business School (KBS) and the School of Mathematics, Statistics & Actuarial Science (SMSAS) will create a vibrant new campus destination, bringing together academics, students, researchers and administrative staff from KBS and SMSAS.
The new building will provide 7900m2 of new build academic spaces:
- 3137m2 of departmental space for Kent Business School, including academic workspaces, researchers workspace and administration and reception areas.
- 2420m2 of departmental space for the School of Mathematics, Statistics & Actuarial Science, including academic workspaces, research space and administration and reception areas.
- 2350m2 of teaching and learning spaces, including 3 lecture theatres, seminar rooms and dedicated MBA and IT suites.
- New social learning spaces.
- A café, breakout spaces and a staff terrace.
The envisaged hub of teaching, learning and working will allow two of the University of Kent’s most successful departments to expand and improve their current activities, as well as strengthen their position within the higher education market place. Most importantly, it will offer KBS and SMSAS a new home to express their identity and character.