Dr Anthony Savagar
Lecturer in Macroeconomics
School of Economics, Keynes College, D1.05
- +44 (0) 1227 827924
Anthony Savagar is a Lecturer in Macroeconomics and joined the University of Kent in June 2016. He is a member of the Macroeconomics, Growth and History Centre (MaGHiC).
Anthony is the School's Seminar Series Co-ordinator (joint with Anirban Mitra).back to top
- Savagar, Anthony, and Huw Dixon (2015). 'The Effect of Firm Entry on Capacity Utilization and Macroeconomic Productivity
- Savagar, Anthony (2015). 'Explaining Productivity Puzzles with Frictional Firm Entry: Endogenous Markups Versus Dynamic Misallocation'
- Savagar, Anthony, and Huw Dixon (2015). 'Imperfect Competition, Overshooting and the Speed of Adjustment in Dynamic General Equilibrium with Entry'
Anthony's research covers macroeconomics, industrial organization and dynamical systems, and looks at how firm behaviour and industrial organization aggregate to affect business cycle dynamics.
His recent work analyzes the contrasting productivity effects of firm entry fostering competition versus degrading returns to scale.back to top
- EC822 Capital Market Instruments (Convenor)
- Mon 16.00-17.00
- Tue 09.00-10.00
- Seminar Series Co-ordinator (joint with Anirban Mitra)