Student Support and Wellbeing
We will do everything to make your time at the university a positive experience.
We are committed to improving access to learning and provide a wide range of support.
Student Support and Wellbeing can assist with the following:
- Arranging signers, notetakers and other support workers for you
- Helping you find out if you have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) such as Dyslexia
- Talking to your lecturers about any particular help you may need in lectures and seminars
- Discussing exam access arrangements
- Contacting other departments about any specific assistance you may require
- Applying for relevant funding to support you
- The Wellbeing team offers support for anyone at Kent experiencing distress arising from psychological, emotional or mental health issues
- Creating your Inclusive Learning Plan (ILP) to set out reasonable adjustments to enable you to access programmes of study, and ensure appropriate assessment and examination arrangements are put in place. You can find out how the process works in our Inclusive Learning Plan - guidance for students (PDF) document
Please follow the links on the left to find out more about what we can do to support you during your time at University.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
- Studying in UK as a disabled student is a useful guide for anyone with a health condition, learning difficulty or disability thinking about studying in higher education.