Prof. Elena Korosteleva gives the keynote address at the 7th Annual Conference on Belarusian Studies
Prof. Elena Korosteleva has been invited to give the keynote address at the 7th Annual Conference on Belarusian Studies, 18-19 February 2022.
The conference serves as a multidisciplinary forum of Belarusian studies in the West and offers a rare networking opportunity for researchers of Belarus.
UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies, the Ostrogorski Centre and the Francis Skaryna Belarusian Library and Museum host the Annual London conference on Belarusian Studies.
The conference will take place on 18–19 February 2022 in the hybrid format.
The draft programme of the conference is available here. The working language of the conference is English.
The conference organising committee includes Dr Karalina Mackevich, Dr Alena Marková, Prof Yarik Kryvoi (co-chair) and Prof Andrew Wilson (co-chair).
- Prof Elena Korosteleva, University of Kent, Oxford Belarus Observatory, Oxford University
The speakers include:
- Tania Arcimovich, Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen, Germany
- Tatsiana Astrouskaya, Herder Institute for Historical Research on East Central Europe, Germany
- Dr Fabian Burkhardt, Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies, Germany
- Dr Vital Byl, University of Greifswald, Germany
- Dr Rashed Chowdhury, Manisa Celal Bayar University, Turkey
- Dr Hanna Chuchvaha, University of Calgary, Canada
- Dr Jan Matti Dollbaum, University of Bremen, Germany
- Dr Lizaveta Dubinka-Hushcha, European Humanities University and Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Dr Sándor Földvári, Debrecen University & the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Dzmitry Huletski, European Humanities University, Lithuania
- Prof Vaida Kamuntaviciene, Vytautas Magnus Universty, Lithuania
- Aliaksei Kazharski, Charles University, Czech Republic
- Aristide LaVey, United States
- Yuliya Miadzvetskaya, Tubingen University, Germany
- Prof Olena Nikolayenko, Fordham University, United States
- Dr Anastasia Preobrazhenskaya, Vinogradov Russian Language Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
- Wasin Punthong, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Anna Rakityanskaya, Harvard Library, United States
- Dr Yu Shirun, Fudan University, China
- Olia Sosnovskaya, Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, Austria
- Ilya Sulzhytski, University of Greifswald, Germany
- Dr Ge Yin, Hebei Academy of Social Sciences, China
- Matthew Young, Library of Congress, United States
Please register on Eventbrite to attend the conference no later than on 16 February 2022. It will be possible to make donations to support scholars in Belarus who face difficulties because of their political views (“the donation of solidarity”).
More information and the draft Conference Programme are available here.
For any questions relating to the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org