The Women’s Network has been running since 2004 and has been a positive initiative over the last few years. At a time when the University is keen to promote the recruitment, retention and recognition of women in higher education, and Kent in particular, the women’s network has been a group that offered valuable support to members, and feedback to the University on priorities for action.
2020/21 Meeting Dates
- Friday 30th October 2020, 12:30-14:30
- Thursday 4th March 2021, 12:30-14.30
- Friday 4th June 2021, 12:30-14:30
Terms of Reference
- To raise awareness and provide a forum for the discussion of gender equality issues, both within the Women’s Network and the wider University community.
- To provide a channel of communication between individuals and central decision making committees, forums and the EDI Network.
- To establish working groups to explore issues and recommend changes to enhance policy or practice, as required.
- To promote good practice across the University and to facilitate action for change.
- To provide an update annually for the University EDI report.
* This could include the: Athena SWAN Working Group; Manager’s Forum; Researcher Development Working Group (this list is not exhaustive).back to top
- Dr Louise Naylor (Chair, and Head of the Unit of the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching)
- EDI Manager or nominee
- The network is open to all staff at the University of Kent. Current membership: circa 120.
Frequency of meetings: Termlyback to top
Click on the dates below for notes, summary discussions and good practice examples:
- Wednesday 19th June 2019
- Tuesday 16th October 2018
- Tuesday 16 October 2018 - Off campus procedural guide for preventing and dealing with behavioural misconduct
- Tuesday 12 June 2018
- Friday 20 October 2017
- Wednesday 1 March 2017 - Get Yourself Heard workshop notes
- Thursday 6 October 2016
- Tuesday 1 March 2016
- Tuesday 6 October 2015
- Wednesday 25 February 2015
- Tuesday 30 September 2014
- Thursday 1 May 2014
- Wednesday 11 December 2013
- Wednesday 3 July 2013
- Wednesday 28 November 2012
- Wednesday 4 July 2012
- Tuesday 11 October 2011
- Wednesday 29 June 2011
- Thursday 17 March 2011
- Wednesday 20 October 2010
- Monday 21 June 2010
- Wednesday 3 March 2010
- Wednesday 7 October 2009
- Wednesday 17 June 2009
- Wednesday 18 March 2009
- Thursday 3 July 2008
- Tuesday 13 May 2008
Athena SWAN update
by Anne-Marie Baker
Interpersonal Skills, Assertiveness and Conflict
by Dr Simon Black
7th March 2019
by Yvonne Sherwood
by Dr Patty Baker
Women's Network ACM Presentation
by Naa Pinkcombe
Equal Pay Audit 2015
by Tracey Lamb and Francis Samra
back to top