2022/23 Meeting Dates
- Friday 28th October 2022, 12:30-14:00
- Friday 3rd February 2023, 12:30-14.00
- Friday 9th June 2023, 12:30-14:00
All meetings will be run to accommodate hybrid working, so will be available to join in person or on teams.
Terms of Reference
- To raise awareness and provide a forum for the discussion of gender equality issues, both within the Women’s Network and the wider University community.
- To provide a channel of communication between individuals and central decision making committees, forums and the EDI Network.
- To establish working groups to explore issues and recommend changes to enhance policy or practice, as required.
- To promote good practice across the University and to facilitate action for change.
- To provide an update annually for the University EDI report.
* This could include the: Athena SWAN Working Group; Manager’s Forum; Researcher Development Working Group (this list is not exhaustive).
- Dr Louise Naylor (Chair, and Head of the Unit of the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching)
- EDI Manager or nominee
- The network is open to all staff at the University of Kent. Current membership: circa 120.
Frequency of meetings: Termly
For archive copies of meeting minutes please email email@example.com
Click on the dates below for notes, summary discussions and good practice examples:
- Athena SWAN update by Anne-Marie Baker
- Interpersonal Skills, Assertiveness and Conflict by Dr Simon Black
- Inspirational Women 7th March 2019
- Aurora by Yvonne Sherwood
- WHEN by Dr Patty Baker
- Women's Network ACM Presentation by Naa Pinkcombe
International Womens Day Resources
Why we have too few women leaders
Know your worth, and then ask for it
Women entrepreneurs, example not exception
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/the- read-down/books-about-women-who- changed-the-world
http://splash.abc.net.au/newsandarticles/blo g/-/b/2450237/8-books-to-read-on- international-women-s-day
https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/find- your-next-read/reading- lists/2017/mar/international-womens-day-a- vintage-reading-list/ https://www.bustle.com/articles/146403-15- books-to-read-this-international-womens-day
https://www.nypl.org/blog/2017/03/08/365- books-women-authors-international- womens-day
Women's Researcher Network
This network is a grassroots initiative from Early Career Researchers at the University of Kent who identify as women. We are inclusive of those who identify as non-binary, trans, femme, womxn. We are a community of researchers such as PhD candidates, PDRA’s, research assistants, and researchers in early stages of their careers.
We aim to facilitate discussions on the intersectional impediments women face in academia and to challenge the structures that make them a reality.
Our strength is in the joined contributions from our members and in sharing knowledge and experience.
If you would like to join the network, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WReN @ Lunchtime
How did I get to here? Thoughts from a Career Feminist
Wednesday 2nd June 12pm