How to access Delve
Log into Delve with your Kent IT Account at delve.office.com/
Microsoft Delve is a tool to find University staff contact information. It replaces the University of Kent Online Directory which is being retired from service.
What Delve offers
- It links up staff contacts information with our organisational chart so you can see where people fit into the organisation
- You can search for job roles or teams, if you don’t know a person’s name
- It shows you which shared documents you have access to, in relation to the contact you’re searching for
- Search for students if you know their username
Log into Delve to update some of your contact information yourself and add more detail about your role.
Edit your contact details
When changing your details, it can take up to 24 hours for all Kent systems to update accordingly. To see the changes, you might need to refresh your view by pressing the Ctrl and F5 keys.
To update the name you're known as, log into Staff Connect and edit your personal details. This will update your profile in both Delve and Staff Connect.
Job title or team (organisational unit)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update your job title or the team you work in: the unit shown in your contact details will be the lowest organisational unit associated with you in Staff Connect. This will rarely be your department.
Change this within Delve: this automatically updates other systems.
Email or phone number
To change your work phone number or email, contact us with your username, first name, last name and your new phone/email details.
Enhance your profile
Add skills and expertise
You can add extra information to your Delve profile so it's easier for people to find you.
Update your profile:
- If you're already in Delve, click Me from the left menu.
- Or go to office.com and from the top menu bar for Microsoft 365 click the circle icon in the top right (it displays your photo or your initials), and from the pop-up menu choose My Office Profile.
- Scroll down and click the button labelled Update my Profile
- Scroll down to Skills and expertise section and add any relevant work skills such as Communications or Project support.
Add additional roles
From Monday 1 June you'll have editing access to your profile.
This video shows you how:
How to add additional role information
If you have more than one role at Kent, follow points 1-3 above and then:
- Scroll down to the Additional information section and click Edit
- Click the ellipses in the list of links above the information about you.
- Choose Additional Roles and Organisational Units from the popup menu
- This opens up an 'Edit Details' screen
- Fill in details of any additional roles in the text boxes that appear.
They will then be shown in your Delve profile and searchable by everyone at Kent.
- To find someone's Kent username, look in the Outlook Address Book when creating a new email. The username is under a field called Alias
- You can search for people in Delve by their Kent username
- Delve can't currently tell you someone's username. We hope to develop this and enable it by the end of 2020
The 'feedback' button in Delve is for general feedback which is sent to Microsoft.
If you wish to give feedback to us about Delve, contact email@example.com.
Help and support
Get in touch
Get in touch to ask for help, or send us your feedback so we can improve this advice. All feedback is welcome!