The UK's European university
The University’s strong European impact is reinforced by links with universities throughout Europe and many more worldwide. As an established research university, Kent acts as a gateway to Europe for students from the UK and across the world. With 159 nationalities represented in our student body, and 40% of our teaching and research staff from outside the UK, Kent celebrates intellectual and cultural diversity with a commitment to educate its students to become global citizens.
What makes Kent distinctively European
- Kent is the only UK university to have specialist postgraduate centres in four European capital cities: Athens, Brussels, Paris and Rome.
- Dual UK and European qualifications (international double awards) are offered at Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral level
- Recipient of grant of over €1.1 million to support student and staff mobility across Europe under the Erasmus+ scheme
- Kent is the only UK university selected to host two prestigious Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctoral programmes
- Strong history of research collaboration with European universities
Read more about how the University of Kent's European outlook and engagement with European institutions benefits our students, staff and the wider community.