Dr Md Moinul Hossain
Md Moinul Hossain received his BSc degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh and MSc. degree in Wireless Communications and Systems Engineering from the University of Greenwich in 2005 and 2009, respectively, and his PhD degree in Electronic Engineering in the field of Instrumentation and Measurement from the University of Kent, UK, in 2014. In October 2014 he joined the University of Strathclyde as a Research Associate in the Department of Chemical & Process Engineering. He worked as a Research and Development Engineer in the GreenTech Automation Ltd from 2016 to 2017 and during that period he was a Visiting Research Fellow in the ICES Research Group at the University of the Kent. In May 2017 he joined as a Research Associate in the Department of Electronic And Electrical Engineering at the University of Strathclyde. He was an invited Lecturer of the School of Energy and Environment, Southeast University, China in 2015 and 2017, respectively. Also, he was awarded the International Teachers Exchange Scheme Funds in 2015 and 2017, respectively from Southeast University China.
Md Moinul Hossain is a Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and since January 2018 he is an Editorial Member of IEEE Access Journal.
His main areas of expertise are in Combustion Diagnostics, Sensors, Instrumentation, Measurement, Condition Monitoring, Digital Image Processing, Deep Learning and Solid Oxide Fuel Cells.
His research interests include mainly 2D/3D Combustion Diagnostics, Tomographic Techniques, Optical Instrumentation Systems Design and Fabrication, 3D Visualisation, Simulation and Modelling, Digital Signal/Image Processing and Direct Solid-oxide Fuel Cells.
PhD research topics
- Combustion Stability Monitoring through Deep Learning
- Three-dimensional Emission Tomography of Flame Chemiluminescence
- Measurement of Flame Radical Emissions through Hyperspectral Imaging
- Object Detection through Complex Media
Prizes and Awards
- International Teachers Exchange Scheme Awards, School of Energy and Environment, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 05/2015 & 11/2017.
- Student Travel and Subsistence Bursary by Coal Research Forum (CRF), The 10th ECCRIA (European Conference on Coal Research and its Applications), University of Hull, 09/2014.
- IEEE Student Travel Grant, IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC), Graz, Austria, 05/2012.
- Student Travel and Subsistence Bursary, The 8th Postgraduate Advanced Measurement & Instrumentation Forum, Beihang University, Beijing, China, 10/2011.
- PhD Research Studentship, Engineering, and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), University of Kent, UK, 09/2009.
- Best Project Award on Master of Science in Wireless Communications & Systems Engineering, University of Greenwich, UK, 10/2008.
- Associate Editor of the IEEE Access Journal