Dr Matloob Piracha
Matloob Piracha is a Senior Lecturer in Economics. He graduated with BSc (Electrical Engineering) and MA degrees from Ohio University and was awarded his PhD by the University of Exeter.
Matloob's main research fields are international trade and migration. He is Director of the Global Labor Organization (GLO).
Matloob's current research interests are in the field of international trade (with special reference to strategic trade policy) and migration, particularly the effect of migration on labour markets of both Eastern and Western Europe. Other work includes analysing the role of foreign direct investment on both trade and migration in some selected East European countries. He is currently working on migration policy issues in Europe and on models of strategic trade policy under asymmetric information.
Matloob's RePEc page is http://econpapers.repec.org/RAS/ppi43.htm
Matloob would consider supervising PhD students who are interested in topics such as:
- Labour migration
- International trade
- Dr Teresa Randazzo, completed 2014
- Dr Isaure Delaporte, registered 2015
- Dr Tsz Wing Law, registered 2014
- Dr Sashana Whyte, registered 2014
- Dr Zarak Mirza, registered 2013
- Dr Eleni Kalfa, registered 2010
- Dr Amrita Saraogi, completed 2014
- Dr Florin Vadean: 'Essays in international migration and migrants' remittances", completed 2010
- TEF Co-ordinator