Student Immigration

All you need to know about VISAs and studying

Do I need a visa?

Depending on your nationality and personal circumstances you may need a student visa to study in the UK. Find out if you need a visa by completing UK Visas & Immigration's (UKVI) online checking tool.

The United Kingdom operates a points based system of immigration. Under this system education providers must be licensed by UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) which is a department of the Home Office if they wish to recruit international students. The University of Kent is a Student visa Sponsor.

All non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals whose primary purpose is to come to the UK to study are required to hold a study visa. The type of visa you will apply for depends on the length and level of your course as well as your personal circumstances. The majority of our overseas students hold Student route visa student visas and are sponsored by the University.

To apply for a Student route visa to study at Kent you will require a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).

More information about EU immigration after Brexit




University of Kent - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 12/01/2023