Engagement, impact and civic mission
In order to give enhanced emphasis to our civic mission, delivering social, educational, cultural, public and economic benefits across Kent and Medway, we will take the following actions:
- Build on recent civic initiatives such as the Kent and Medway Medical School, the Institute for Cultural and Creative Industries and the Centre for Higher and Degree Apprenticeships and use them as exemplars of regional contribution and impact.
- Profile our sponsorship of secondary schools and student and staff volunteering as demonstrable ways in which we make a difference to our local communities.
- Work in partnership with organisations in Kent and Medway to support activity which brings resources into the region, enables economic growth and contributes to long term sustainability and quality of life in Kent.
- Work with disadvantaged groups across the region in order to promote access to the university.
- Actively promote access to our campuses and resources, facilities, research and international expertise, open lectures and archives and building a sense of community and engagement with the university.
- Embed sustainability through building the UN Sustainable Development Goals into our research, education, leadership, operations, administration and engagement.
- Refresh our alumni relations strategy and deliver a fundraising campaign that supports our strategic ambitions.