Education and student experience
In order to become one of the very best universities in the country for education and student experience, we will take the following actions:
- Review our portfolio of programmes and modules, aligned with work to set out the size and shape of the University over the next five years. In particular, we will grow and expand science, engineering, medicine, creative, cultural and digital programmes. We will ensure our portfolio is viable and reflects the diverse needs and best interests of our students.
- Reward and share great teaching practice and innovation to help flexible and creative delivery that develops independent learners and develop a coherent and rewarding career pathway for excellent educators to achieve their full potential.
- Embed our best practice in access and widening participation, supporting student attainment, providing mental health support and enabling employability.
- Embed our graduate attributes of Confidence, Creativity and Innovation, Critical Reflection, Global/Cultural Awareness, Integrity and Accountability, Intellectual Curiosity and Resilience into our courses and wider university experience.
- Enhance pathways through education by expanding the number of programmes that offer an intercalated year, opportunities for a year in industry or abroad, Higher and Degree Apprenticeships, work-based learning and online learning.
- Enable students to contribute to their curricular and co-curricular experience through co-production – building a sense of being part of an academic community enhancing student voice and engagement.
- Raise our profile and student recruitment in and beyond London and the South East. Make use of key partnerships and geographies in our international recruitment and increase the proportion of international students. We will refocus our marketing and recruitment practices to respond to the rapidly changing environment.