Who are we?
We are the international Centre for Child Protection, School
of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research at the University of Kent. Our
products include our Master’s in Advanced Child Protection, our child
protection Standalone Modules, our child protection training simulations for
professionals who work with children, and our events.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you:
- use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services by completing our ‘register your interest’ form online
- email us to enquire about our products
- phone us to enquire about our products
- complete our ‘I am interested in’ form when you chat with us at an exhibition, conference or event, or give us your business card
- access our simulations after purchase.
What type of information is collected from you?
- The personal information we collect may include your name, email address, organisation, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
- If you complete our ‘register your interest’ form on our website, or if you complete our ‘I am interested in’ form or give us your business card, when you chat with us at an exhibition, conference or event, we will add your name, email address, organisation, and specific area of interest (such as MA, CSE training, radicalisation training, events) so we can send you appropriate information relating to your interest in our products. This will be a weekly mailshot and you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the email.
- If you purchase a product from us or purchase a place on our training sessions online via our website, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by the third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
- If you access our simulations via External Moodle after purchasing we will collect the date and time that you access the resources and we may use this to determine usage within the terms and conditions of your licence.
How is your information used?
We will not share your information, unless required to by
law. We may use your information to:
- process orders that you have submitted
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
You can unsubscribe from our mailshots at any time by selecting the unsubscribe
link in the mailshot or by contacting us.
Keeping your information secure
The following precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information:
- once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems including password protecting our database.
- where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our simulations, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Links to other websites
If you have any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was
last updated in April 2018.