Medway Student Support Fund
Up to £2,500
The Universities at Medway have been awarded a further significant donation to The Medway Student Support Bursary. This donation will provide bursaries to home (UK/EU) students from Canterbury Christ Church University, University of Greenwich and the University of Kent each year. This is an excellent opportunity to apply for additional funding and the selected recipients will receive a bursary of either £2,500 (Autumn applications) or £1,250 (Spring applications).
The successful awardee of a bursary will be expected to serve as an ‘ambassador’ for the Medway Campus which may include attending events as appropriate and providing an annual statement which will form the basis of a report to the Donor. Successful applicants will be able to hold academic related scholarships (including those for music and sport) whilst in receipt of the Medway Student Support Fund Bursary. The Medway Student Support Fund Bursary will be given conditional on the successful applicant signing a Bursary Agreement setting out the conditions of the bursary award.
Candidates will be considered on the basis of their fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and a 500-word statement demonstrating their need and how they will use the bursary.
Please note: There will be no funding during a placement year.
For information please contact J.P.Glew@kent.ac.uk
In order to be eligible to apply for The Medway Student Support Bursary you must:
- be a home student (UK/EU)
- be currently registered full or part-time on an undergraduate degree programme based at the Medway Campus
- demonstrate a household income of £42,875 or less
Payment of the bursary will be suspended immediately, and any overpayments may be required to be returned, if an awardee:
- ceases to hold an offer of a place at any of the Universities,
- ceases to be a registered student at any of the Universities,
- becomes a debtor to any of the three universities,
- is found to have made a misrepresentation or misleading or fraudulent statement in connection with his/her application.
All recipients are expected to remain in satisfactory academic standing.
How to apply
Your application will be considered on the basis of your fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and the 350-500 word statement sections demonstrating:
- why you are in need of financial support and what has changed in your financial circumstances since embarking on the programme
- what the award will be used for (See important note below)
- information about you and your aims and aspirations for the future
You may want to include additional information relating to volunteering or ambassadorial work that you have done or are planning to do within the local community e.g. voluntary work, paid work, sports contributions, and community activity organisations such as the Scouts etc.)
Your completed application along with all required evidence can be scanned and emailed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicants will be chosen by the Medway Student Support Fund Bursary Board.
The deadline to apply by is 12 noon on the 9 November 2018 (Autumn term applications) and 12 noon on 8 February 2019 (Spring Term applications)