CHASE DTP2 Studentship Selection Criteria for 2024/25 is based on the following:
· The proposal is clearly written and demonstrates engagement with an academic field at a high level of sophistication.
· The project demonstrates original thinking in its field.
· The methodology proposed clearly demonstrates the viability of the planned research.
· The planned research is described in a way that inspires confidence that it will definitely be completed within three years.
Preparedness for Research
· The applicant demonstrates understanding of appropriate research skills required for successful completion of the project
· The applicant has appropriate training at Master's level or equivalent to undertake the project
· The applicant’s references fully support the applicant’s preparedness for doctoral study
Suitability of Research Environment
· The research environment (as constituted by the proposed supervision, the home department(s) or equivalent, the institutional support (including available archives, sources, research centres), any external organisations) is appropriate to the project
· The applicant has given clear thought to the fit between their project and their proposed research environment
· The supervisor statement fully supports the project's fit with the proposed research environment.
This award is open to both UK residents and international (this includes EU) candidates.
To be classed as a home student, candidates must meet the following criteria and the associated residency requirements:
· Be a UK National or,
· Have settled status or,
· Have pre-settled status or,
· Have indefinite leave to remain or enter.
If a candidate does not meet the criteria above, they would be classed as an international student.
If you are applying as an overseas student (this includes EU nationals), Kent will waive the difference between the Home and Overseas fees. Please be aware that there is a 30% cap on international studentships across the consortium.