Professor Soo Hee Lee joined Kent Business School in July 2012. He is a Professor in Organisation Studies. He has previously worked at Birkbeck, University of London, Cass Business School, and University of Sheffield. He also had visiting appointments at University of Science and Technology of China, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Syungkyunkwan University, ESSEC Business School, and TiasNimbas Business School.
He is on the editorial board of Technological Forecasting and Social Change and Global Transitions. He is also a member of the scientific committee of the International Conference of Social Theory, Politics and the Arts.
Professor Soo Hee Lee's research focuses on institutional and behavioural underpinnings of strategy and innovation and organisational dynamics of knowledge, trust and power. His earlier research addressed these issues in the context of emerging economies and MNC entrepreneurship. More recently, his research has explored digital convergence and creativity in the fields of architecture, fashion, food, contemporary visual art and museums, and dance.
His work has been published in:
- Journal of International Business Studies
- Journal of World Business
- Journal of Management Studies
- Journal of Organization Studies
- Journal of Research Policy
Professor Soo Hee Lee's teaching at KBS includes Creativity and Innovation in Organisations; Leadership and Management; Research Methods for HRM; and Generating Theory and Presenting Research.
- Ha Thanh Truc Nguyen: Ethical Leadership in Multinational Companies in Vietnam
- Nasser AlShawaaf: The Interrelationship Between Micro-Level Mechanisms in the Emergence of Hybrid Institutional Logics: A Comparative Analysis of Art Museums in the United Kingdom and France
- YunLu Yang: (Second Supervisor)
- Hyun Jeon Oh: Institutional Logics, Cultural Identity and Internationalisation of Art Films: A Comparative Analysis of France and Korea
- Jinwoo Lee: Branding Contemporary Visual Artists
- Daniel Moekem: Social Capital Theory and Self-Initiated Expatriates’ Intention to Repatriate
- Chris Cornell: Exploring the synergy and distinct differences between the management of profit and non-profit business in the UK
- Chrystalla Kapetaniou: Innovation in Small Economies
- Diana Stemler: Radical Innovation in Coordinated Market Economies
- Marios Samdanis: Artistic Innovation and Institutional Entrepreneurship: A Comparative Case Study Research into Contemporary Art Institutions in London and Paris
- Diana Schönenberger: Radical Innovation in a Coordinated Market Economy: Institutional Capabilities within Germany and Beyond
- Maksym Koghut: (Second Supervisor)