KMTV broadcasts 24/7 with a mixture of classic comedy, westerns, children’s programmes and films, as well as these original KMTV produced shows:
- Lunchtime news bulletin weekdays at 13.45
- Kent Tonight KMTV’s flagship news show at 17.30 - 18.30 each weekday, repeated at 21.15 and with a bulletin at 20.00
- Team Talk at 18.30 on a Monday and throughout the week
- Chris & Co for business on Wednesday at 18.30 and throughout the week
- Based in Kent the music show on Thursdays and Fridays at 20.45
- Paul on Politics live at 17.00 on Friday and repeated over the weekend
- Made in Kent our food show
- Kent Says seeking peoples’ opinions on Kent high streets
- Think Kent featuring University of Kent lecturers throughout the week
- kmfm Breakfast Show kicks off every weekday with Gary and Laura at 06.00
- In Conversation University of Kent Chancellor, Gavin Esler, interviews famous guests
- Kent Discovers documentaries showing the University’s research.
How to watch
KMTV is available on Freeview on Channel 7, with coverage across 236,800 households in Maidstone, Medway, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sheerness, Sittingbourne and surrounding areas. We broadcast to the rest of Kent via Virgin Media Channel 159, kmtv.co.uk for On Demand and live streaming, and the KMTV app (available on both Android and iOS).
The University of Kent is fortunate to have KMTV, a local TV station, located in close proximity to the University. KMTV currently operates on the Medway campus.
Previous students have had the opportunity to gain valuable experience through internships. They have worked as members of the team to produce news reports and provide coverage of Kent sports, politics, business and culture.
Other students have completed internships and undertaken work experience in areas such as marketing and social media, while students from the School of Engineering and Digital Arts have been commissioned to produce graphics.
The station's main studio and newsroom are located with the Centre for Journalism at the University of Kent’s Medway campus.