As a user of University IT services, you must read and comply with all regulations, policies and procedures below.
IT regulations and policies
- IT regulations (pdf)
- Information Security Policy (pdf)
- Use of the Kent Network (pdf)
- Use of your own computer/mobile device (pdf)
- Use of a University mobile device (pdf)
- IT Security Policy (pdf)
- JANET Acceptable Use Policy
- CHEST User Acknowledgement of Third Party Rights
Staff policies and procedures
- For staff: Clearing Enhanced Change Management Policy (Word doc)
- Security procedures for system administrators (pdf)
Failure to comply involves the instigation of computer misuse/abuse procedures (pdf)
We log all staff and student activity on the network: how we use these logs.
Feedback and complaints
We use a range of methods to gather user feedback so that we provide responsive and effective services and support.
- Submit your feedback online or ask for a printed feedback form in the Templeman Library.
- To complain about an IS service (including IT and Library): email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A print format complaints form, with the process explained (pdf) is available at Library service desks.